The Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4) leverages the computing power of the popular Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, with dramatic performance changes compared to its predecessor: faster CPU cores, better multimedia, more interface capabilities. And for the first time, this release offers multiple choices of RAM density and wireless connectivity options.
In terms of external dimensions, this version adopts a completely new mechanical standard. The overall footprint of the module on its carrier board is reduced, resulting in a smaller and more compact form factor suitable for integration into products.
For storage, the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4) has an optional 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB onboard eMMC, which is different from the Raspberry Pi 4’s Micro SD card slot.
This version of the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 includes a high-performance 64-bit quad-core processor, 8GB LPDDR4 RAM, dual monitor support up to 4K resolution, hardware video decoding up to 4Kp60, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 2.0, dual camera interfaces, PCIe Gen 2 x1 interface, dual-band 2.4/5.0GHz wireless LAN and Bluetooth 5.0.
- High-performance 64-bit Quad-core Cortex A72 processor
- More memory options (1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB), suitable for large data compilation
- Dual display（HDMI) support at resolutions up to 4K
- Faster eMMC flash with up to 100 MB/s transfer rate, 4x faster than CM3+
- Added wireless module option with on-board PCB antenna and external antenna for industrial applications
- Designed with B to B connectors for enhanced stability
- Add on-board Gigabit Ethernet design, support IEEE1588, suitable for network application development
- Add PCIe interface expansion, can flexibly add related modules
|Processor||Broadcom BCM2711 quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz|
|Connectivity||Onboard Gigabit Ethernet PHY supporting IEEE1588|
|1 × USB 2.0 interface|
|PCIe Gen 2 x1 interface|
|28 GPIO signals|
|SD card interface for SD card or external eMMC (for use only with Compute Module 4 variants without eMMC)|
|Video||Dual HDMI interface (up to 4Kp60 supported)|
|2-lane MIPI DSI display interface|
|2-lane MIPI CSI camera interface|
|4-lane MIPI DSI display interface|
|4-lane MIPI CSI camera interface|
|Multimedia||H.265 (4Kp60 decode); H.264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode); OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics|
|Input power||5V DC|
|Operating temperature||0 to +80°C|
|Dimensions||55 mm × 40 mm|
|Production lifetime||Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 will remain in production until at least January 2028|
|Compliance||For a full list of local and regional product approvals, please visit: